Our services are hired under the terms and conditions set out below. The payment by any client of any fees and charges is an acknowledgement and acceptance by the client of these terms and conditions.
- After initial discussions Spicedge will provide the client with a written quotation which will remain valid until the event date. If the event brief alters at any time, it may be necessary to re-view and re-issue a new quotation.
- Acceptance of a quotation by the client constitutes an offer by the Client to purchase the services specified in the quotation on these Terms and Conditions. No offer placed by the Client shall be accepted by Spicedge other than by a written acknowledgement issued by Spicedge when a contract for the supply and purchase of the services will be established.
- When booking; the client must supply approximate guest numbers. Final numbers must be confirmed in writing no less than 10 working days prior to the Event Date. Spicedge cannot accept reductions in final numbers less than 10 working days prior to the Event Date.
- If guest numbers increase less than 10 working days prior to the Event date Spicedge cannot guarantee to accommodate the increased numbers and if we endeavour to do so any excess catering collected at the function as a result of the client inviting more than the agreed guest numbers shall attract an additional charge based on the extra number of additional guests.
- The client must notify Spicedge of any special dietary requirements of their guests at the time of booking.
- Any equipment breakages or losses whether owned by Spicedge or hired for the event will be charged to the client at replacement cost.
- Additional staff required to run the event will incur an additional charge which will be included in the quoted price.
- Spicedge reserves the right to include a delivery charge in the quote according to location. The client will be notified of any such charge prior to confirmation of the booking.
- The event is confirmed on the receipt by Spicedge of the required deposit. Failure to provide a deposit gives Spicedge the right to cancel the event.
- 10. A deposit, based on a minimum of 80% of total quotation cost, is required immediately following receipt of invoice to confirm the provision of services provided by Spicedge not later than 10 working days before the Event. The remaining balance is due at the start of your event. Please do understand that we reserve the right not to serve food at your function if payment is not made in full before service.
In the instance that the client must cancel the event, the following conditions apply. All cancellations must first be confirmed by telephone and the confirmed in writing or by e-mail. The event will only be cancelled once Spicedge is in receipt of a written letter or e-mail from the client stating the cancellation of the event.
SERVICE PROVIDER CANCELLATION
Where conditions beyond our control prevent it from fulfilling any obligations, Spicedge will where reasonably possible provide notice in writing to the Client terminating the Contract, returning to the Client any balance of the payment on account remaining after settlement of all or any costs incurred in respect of the proposed provision of the Services.
Spicedge will not accept liability for cancellation of the Event.
Spicedge advises that all food must be consumed immediately after serving. Spicedge cannot guarantee the quality of any food consumed hours after it being served.
Spicedge total liability in contract, tort (including negligence or breach of statutory duty) misrepresentation, or otherwise arising in connection with the performance, or contemplated performance, of the Contract shall be limited to the price paid for the services save that such limitation shall not apply to liability for death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Spicedge.